Long time, no update
I figured it was about time I forced myself to sit down and post something resembling an update. Things have been pretty hectic lately, and any time I had a few minutes to spare, I just didn't feel like updating.. Main points from the last two months?
Joe - well he e-mailed me out of the blue a few days before his birthday, which I thought was cool. He's not entirely happy with his relationship (or perhaps that was only the alcohol talking?), and even admitted he was a jerk (not the word he used) for changing his mind about me going there at the last minute. He also said he still liked the idea of me being there.. Are we seeing a pattern? Yeah... I don't know how I feel about him anymore, but sadly he still manages to make me smile for an entire evening just by e-mailing me. It would certainly be cool to get over to the States for a while but I know that won't happen any time soon.. But after I write my thesis next year, I could spend a few months working and then go overseas for a while.. Look at getting a job in the States (there are some tempting jobs over there at the moment)... Anyway.. There I go again, planning for way in the future when I know nothing ever goes to plan.
Lex - haha apparently I developed something of a crush on one of Jeroen's army buddies (Jeroen would kill me if he found out). He's so cute. Sadly, not only is her Jeroen's friend and only a few months older than Jeroen.. But he also has a girlfriend and a kid. So that's well and truly not gonna happen. Story of my life.
Lab work - Hmmm... Not really going anywhere and totally not motivated. I think it's the fact that we have to take classes (and do all the assignments that go with those classes) at the same time as doing the research. When I have lab work to do, and time to do it, I'm fairly happy. When I have to work lab work around classes I'm not. Nevermind.. A year and a half to go.. I can't seem to get the antibody I'm using to work.. No idea why but I'll have to try again tomorrow or Friday.. I won't hold my breath. On another note, I finally got the gel with my PCR product to work! After 2 attempts we worked out that it must be the buffer.. And it was. When reading the recipe from Dharani's book I read 242g as 2.42g.. OOOPS. That's fixed now, and I got a lovely gel with my perfect PCR product! Awesome. That made me smile all afternoon too.
I spent all of last week at home, which was great. Didn't get any of the work I needed to do done, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time this semester while I'm waiting for gels to transfer or run. I seriously contemplated not coming back this week. lol.
Joe - well he e-mailed me out of the blue a few days before his birthday, which I thought was cool. He's not entirely happy with his relationship (or perhaps that was only the alcohol talking?), and even admitted he was a jerk (not the word he used) for changing his mind about me going there at the last minute. He also said he still liked the idea of me being there.. Are we seeing a pattern? Yeah... I don't know how I feel about him anymore, but sadly he still manages to make me smile for an entire evening just by e-mailing me. It would certainly be cool to get over to the States for a while but I know that won't happen any time soon.. But after I write my thesis next year, I could spend a few months working and then go overseas for a while.. Look at getting a job in the States (there are some tempting jobs over there at the moment)... Anyway.. There I go again, planning for way in the future when I know nothing ever goes to plan.
Lex - haha apparently I developed something of a crush on one of Jeroen's army buddies (Jeroen would kill me if he found out). He's so cute. Sadly, not only is her Jeroen's friend and only a few months older than Jeroen.. But he also has a girlfriend and a kid. So that's well and truly not gonna happen. Story of my life.
Lab work - Hmmm... Not really going anywhere and totally not motivated. I think it's the fact that we have to take classes (and do all the assignments that go with those classes) at the same time as doing the research. When I have lab work to do, and time to do it, I'm fairly happy. When I have to work lab work around classes I'm not. Nevermind.. A year and a half to go.. I can't seem to get the antibody I'm using to work.. No idea why but I'll have to try again tomorrow or Friday.. I won't hold my breath. On another note, I finally got the gel with my PCR product to work! After 2 attempts we worked out that it must be the buffer.. And it was. When reading the recipe from Dharani's book I read 242g as 2.42g.. OOOPS. That's fixed now, and I got a lovely gel with my perfect PCR product! Awesome. That made me smile all afternoon too.
I spent all of last week at home, which was great. Didn't get any of the work I needed to do done, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time this semester while I'm waiting for gels to transfer or run. I seriously contemplated not coming back this week. lol.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home