Graduation and all things crap

So here's my favourite photo from the insanity that was graduation. The day itself went surprisingly smoothly, with no slips on stage and only one embarrassing "drunk" moment.. Of course, I'll never be able to look Jasna in the eye after the conversation she overheard... Nevermind, it's about time I had at least one embarrassing drinking story. Sadly, most of the photos are awful. But that's nothing new I guess.
So Jess (who is an absolute bitch and total liar) has managed to supposedly get pregnant conveniently on the same weekend that Jeroen finally broke up with her. To me the story all sounds like absolute crap but he believes her and is now back together with her. I suppose it's about like how I was (maybe still am?) about Joe.. Nothing he could do, and nothing he could say, was really wrong, or mean or whatever. Yeah, that lead to a broken heart and some serious down time. But my life is somewhat on track again. I can't say I'm happy, but I'm not exactly unhappy either. I mean, I love the challenge for the most part. And I'm doing pretty well marks-wise (I won the poster competition by the way). And cancer research really has always been one of my possible career moves. But it's not entirely where I want to be either. I wanted to be overseas with Joe, seeing all sorts of cool things and experiencing a bit of the world out there. I'm so incredibly envious of Kelly for having done the OE thing and not worried about school or money. On the other hand, I know I would have gotten so incredibly frustrated and would have found it hard to get back into studying afterwards. At least I didn't take a year off to work - Islay took 6 months to find a job.. Everywhere she went it was "you have a degree but no experience.. and we won't give you the chance to get that experience." And to a certain extent I'm still clinging to that dream I had of the life with Joe. Not that I tell anyone else that. To the outside world it's "Joe who?" Understandable really since it was an incredibly long time and an incredibly intense crush.. Friendship (for a while anyway).. Whatever the term is for what we had. Anyway.. Back to that ____ (you fill in the blank..).. So today mum and I decide to watch Minority Report together. Jess comes in and suddenly it's Madagascar that we have to watch. Despite the fact that (a) she doesn't live here (b) it costs money while Minority Report was free and (c) she's already seen it! So I said "typical" - and Mum got pissed off at me for that. So she stormed out one door, I stormed out the other and that stupid little girl gets her way yet again. I'm really wishing I hadn't bothered to come home this weekend. And I certainly won't be doing it again for a while. The only reason I really come back is for the cat anyway. I always miss my Mo so much. I wish she could move down to Palmy with me, but she wouldn't get along with the other cats or the dogs. And she'd freeze. She doesn't like being alone much either. So that's out of the question.
So that's the excitement that is my life. Not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home