A letter for Joe
Hey,
I've been planning to send you an e-mail for a while, but life just keeps getting in the way. So, finally, here it is... (I even thought about writing you a letter and sending it to you). I don't want to get all silly and dramatic like I always have in the past, but I do want to say a few things because.. Well.. They need to be said. I guess you don't have internet in your new house, and you haven't been online on your phone or sent me a text message so chances are you're getting on with life and I haven't even crossed your mind. God knows if/when you'll even get this.
I've decided (well been convinced by the Head of the postgrad science program and mum) to go back to uni in Palmerston North and get my Masters - so there's another two years of being stuck in NZ. I realised that the timing would be all wrong for you if I still invited myself to stay this year, because you need to sort your life out. And given the lack of conversation between the two of us lately, I don't even know if an adventure as friends would work. Most of all, I don't want to get in the way of you finally sorting things out and following your dreams. So good luck with it.
I still plan to one day make it to the States to work. Who knows, perhaps one day when you're busy saving lives and I'm busy picking up the pieces when things go wrong we'll meet. Perhaps without even realising it. Or perhaps our online friendship, or whatever you want to call it, will be nothing more than a series of memories - mostly good ones I hope.
I didn't want 7 years of talking to just fade away into nothing, which is why I'm sending this e-mail. I understand that life is moving along for both of us, but I hope you'll think of me every now and then. Even send me an e-mail or a text message to let me know how things are going. I miss you.
As you once put it: "Know that I do TRULY TRULY care about you."
Love always,
~ Miranda.
I've been planning to send you an e-mail for a while, but life just keeps getting in the way. So, finally, here it is... (I even thought about writing you a letter and sending it to you). I don't want to get all silly and dramatic like I always have in the past, but I do want to say a few things because.. Well.. They need to be said. I guess you don't have internet in your new house, and you haven't been online on your phone or sent me a text message so chances are you're getting on with life and I haven't even crossed your mind. God knows if/when you'll even get this.
I've decided (well been convinced by the Head of the postgrad science program and mum) to go back to uni in Palmerston North and get my Masters - so there's another two years of being stuck in NZ. I realised that the timing would be all wrong for you if I still invited myself to stay this year, because you need to sort your life out. And given the lack of conversation between the two of us lately, I don't even know if an adventure as friends would work. Most of all, I don't want to get in the way of you finally sorting things out and following your dreams. So good luck with it.
I still plan to one day make it to the States to work. Who knows, perhaps one day when you're busy saving lives and I'm busy picking up the pieces when things go wrong we'll meet. Perhaps without even realising it. Or perhaps our online friendship, or whatever you want to call it, will be nothing more than a series of memories - mostly good ones I hope.
I didn't want 7 years of talking to just fade away into nothing, which is why I'm sending this e-mail. I understand that life is moving along for both of us, but I hope you'll think of me every now and then. Even send me an e-mail or a text message to let me know how things are going. I miss you.
As you once put it: "Know that I do TRULY TRULY care about you."
Love always,
~ Miranda.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home