Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ups and downs

Once again work has gotten in the way of everything else, and I haven't bothered to write anything in here the past few days. I've also forgotten pretty much every remotely funny thing that happened at work over the past 3 days.. Perhaps something funny will happen tomorrow and I'll feel like writing it in here before I forget it. A few things have annoyed me - particularly today because some of the QOs on the Blue Team just think we're all stupid or something. It drives me mad because I probably have the same degree as them (but, dare I say it, with a double major in two relatively difficult subjects). It's one thing I can't stand - people who treat others as though they're stupid for no reason at all.

So yesterday it was literally "ups and downs" as I tried to ride Fricka. He has the most idiotic trot on him so I found myself being bounced up-and-down quite painfully. Jess and I swapped horses halfway through the ride (she was on Punga - who is a little bigger and more wilful than Fricka). Punga is strong (and more stubborn) but also has a much smoother stride. So that was better for me. Even though the result is rather painful back, shoulder and neck muscles! Throw in the sore backside from riding Fricka and today was altogether too painful. Having said that, it wasn't as bad as the last time I went riding with Jess (the last holidays I was home from uni). Going again on Monday hopefully. Yay!

Jeroen's leaving tomorrow morning so I had to say good bye to him tonight. :( That was sad.. It'll be all too quiet without him here. I've loved having my little brother around - water fights, play fights, driving around in his cool new car.. Just like old times. At least he'll be back soon-ish (I hope).

Joe's practically out of my life (and I'm practically out of his life). He's not online at all anymore since he moved, except on him cell phone. And he hasn't bothered to reply to any of my messages since the New Year's text. I find it just a little disappointing that, after seven years (and completely screwing up my plans for this year) he can write me out so easily. Without a second thought it seems. I guess that shows what sort of person he really is - I wish I'd seen it 3 years ago. Nevermind.. Simon's got my attention at the moment.. A nice distraction. (Although I'm inclined to think he's really not interested). I have an idea for Valentine's day - we'll see what happens between now and then anyway...

Hmmm... Oh yeah, I met a rather cute tennis player from Chile today. I think he's 22 or 23 (Paul Capdeville). Ooh-la-la. And I checked google on him - his prize money to date? Over $100,000! (I think that's $US too!). I guess he's here for the tennis tournament starting soon. Oh yeah, that's him in the photo on the left.

And now I really think it's bed time for me or I'll fall asleep at work tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ayin said...

yup, you have me now in your life! ;) *hugs*

and happy 21st bday to you again... *hugs tighter*

ps... i'm posing this comment from work ;)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home