Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome to 2007

Well, 2007 started without too much excitement. Did some filing and invoicing work for dad up until midnight, had a glass of bubbly at midnight, watched some fireworks from the deck and then talked to mum and dad about upcoming work and plans for the business. Then I went to bed at around 2am. Like I said, nothing exciting.

So what will 2007 hold? Probably about the same as 2006. Minus the classes and exams. By the middle of the year I'll have to start writing my thesis. HopefullyI'll be able to balance lab work and seminars with demonstrating for two lab streams, notetaking and some exam/test supervision. At least then I'll be able to (hopefully) save some money. I'm really hoping to win that scholarship but given that I haven't heard anything it's probably not going to happen. The rejection letter is probably sitting in the letterbox in Palmerston North. Nevermind. I should still be able to save enough for my trip to the US in 2008.. If that still goes ahead. Hopefully Joe doesn't suddenly change his mind again right before I want to book my ticket.

I sent off the proposal that I wrote for the Child Cancer Foundation several months ago. Well no, it's in an envelope ready to go in the mail after New Years. I'm having a hard time sticking to science at the moment (read an earlier post to see just why I'm disliking science).. I'd really like to do something to make the world a better place.. But I don't have the time, creativity or money to do so. So right now I'm stuck with science and we'll have to wait and see what life brings..

1 Comments:

Blogger Ayin said...

go for it, miraz, you rock! ;) happy new year (a bit late, but oh well :D)

and congrats!!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home