Free!
I haven't updated this for a while.. Exams are over, so as long as I pass the papers for last semester I'll be at next year's graduation ceremony. I'm sure that'll be fun. After my last exam (which was a week ago today) I spent some time talking to Mike and Islay, then had to tie up a whole bunch of "loose ends." Nothing overly exciting.
Had my last tutoring session on Thursday - hopefully Philip will do okay in his exams (which started today). Spent most of Wednesday and Thursday packing up my stuff. Oh yeah, and buying Bronwyn's birthday present. Friday was an early morning since dad arrived in Palmerston North at 4:45 in the morning. My bed and some other stuff was picked up at around 10am, and then we packed up my car. Once it was all packed, dad and I spent some time in the sun.. I put one of my duvets out on the lawn and fell asleep on it. I didn't get burnt though so that's good.
Bronwyn's birthday party/end of exams celebration was fun. I didn't stay all night because we were planning to leave at 5am on Saturday.
Didn't sleep at all on Saturday night so by 4am dad had decided he'd slept enough. So we packed up the last of my stuff and left. The drive back was largely uneventful. There were several cyclists on the Desert Road which was really really stupid. The Desert Road has a lot of turns and the roads aren't particularly wide. So it'd be dangerous for cyclists on a good day. On Saturday morning it was incredibly foggy. Nevermind, I managed to get through it.
Yesterday I had an interview with MAF.. I think it went pretty well, but after hearing a few more details I'm not so sure I want the job.. The airport is kinda far out as it is so I'll be spending a reasonable amount on petrol. Then there's the fact that I wouldn't have access to the staff carpark (because it's only a 'temporary' job) so I'd have to spend about an hour and a half of each day's pay on parking. Add to that the fact that I'd probably have to work Christmas day and New Year's day and the roster system which prevents me from getting a second job and it's not quite so appealing. Nevermind.. I'll see what happens and if I find something better I guess I'll take that instead.
Now that uni's over and done with, my focus has shifted to the "next big thing" in my life - the trip to the States. Not only is it going to be incredibly awkward to meet Joe at the airport, but I really don't want to think just how terrible I'll look after 26+ hours on a plane... Not exactly the first impression I was hoping for anyway. Nevermind. A bit of makeup might help.
I tried to explan to Joe why I didn't want to go there if he has a girlfriend the other day. If he had a girlfriend and I was there it'd be too weird - regardless of whether there's any 'chemistry' between us. He says if there was something between us, anything he had with someone else would end. But then I'd still feel weird about it. And if he has a girlfriend it'd just be difficult for us to spend time together and see what might happen. I don't want to feel like I've wasted my time by going there while he has a girlfriend. At the same time, I think I've been putting it off for long enough. I've noticed that I've started talking myself out of it.. Or I've started telling myself I don't care about Joe as much as I have in the past. I think it's just me preparing myself for rejection. I do it all the time. Although, a little encouragement from Joe wouldn't hurt right now. Since I still feel like he doesn't really want me there..
Meeting his parents, sister and friends will be strange.. I guess he'll have to talk to his flatmate (I still don't know her name....) in the not too distant future. Especially since I've now pretty much given up any chance of going back to uni next year. Even if nothing happens with Joe, we can still have a good time. I can't imagine that after talking for 7 years, that we wouldn't be able to at least be friends and have a few adventures. However, as mum suggested, I can always volunteer at an orphanage in South Africa or something like that if the trip to the States falls through for whatever reason.
Of course, the possibility that things with Joe could be really good also poses a lot of problems or questions too.. We won't go there right now.. Let's wait and see what happens first.
Had my last tutoring session on Thursday - hopefully Philip will do okay in his exams (which started today). Spent most of Wednesday and Thursday packing up my stuff. Oh yeah, and buying Bronwyn's birthday present. Friday was an early morning since dad arrived in Palmerston North at 4:45 in the morning. My bed and some other stuff was picked up at around 10am, and then we packed up my car. Once it was all packed, dad and I spent some time in the sun.. I put one of my duvets out on the lawn and fell asleep on it. I didn't get burnt though so that's good.
Bronwyn's birthday party/end of exams celebration was fun. I didn't stay all night because we were planning to leave at 5am on Saturday.
Didn't sleep at all on Saturday night so by 4am dad had decided he'd slept enough. So we packed up the last of my stuff and left. The drive back was largely uneventful. There were several cyclists on the Desert Road which was really really stupid. The Desert Road has a lot of turns and the roads aren't particularly wide. So it'd be dangerous for cyclists on a good day. On Saturday morning it was incredibly foggy. Nevermind, I managed to get through it.
Yesterday I had an interview with MAF.. I think it went pretty well, but after hearing a few more details I'm not so sure I want the job.. The airport is kinda far out as it is so I'll be spending a reasonable amount on petrol. Then there's the fact that I wouldn't have access to the staff carpark (because it's only a 'temporary' job) so I'd have to spend about an hour and a half of each day's pay on parking. Add to that the fact that I'd probably have to work Christmas day and New Year's day and the roster system which prevents me from getting a second job and it's not quite so appealing. Nevermind.. I'll see what happens and if I find something better I guess I'll take that instead.
Now that uni's over and done with, my focus has shifted to the "next big thing" in my life - the trip to the States. Not only is it going to be incredibly awkward to meet Joe at the airport, but I really don't want to think just how terrible I'll look after 26+ hours on a plane... Not exactly the first impression I was hoping for anyway. Nevermind. A bit of makeup might help.
I tried to explan to Joe why I didn't want to go there if he has a girlfriend the other day. If he had a girlfriend and I was there it'd be too weird - regardless of whether there's any 'chemistry' between us. He says if there was something between us, anything he had with someone else would end. But then I'd still feel weird about it. And if he has a girlfriend it'd just be difficult for us to spend time together and see what might happen. I don't want to feel like I've wasted my time by going there while he has a girlfriend. At the same time, I think I've been putting it off for long enough. I've noticed that I've started talking myself out of it.. Or I've started telling myself I don't care about Joe as much as I have in the past. I think it's just me preparing myself for rejection. I do it all the time. Although, a little encouragement from Joe wouldn't hurt right now. Since I still feel like he doesn't really want me there..
Meeting his parents, sister and friends will be strange.. I guess he'll have to talk to his flatmate (I still don't know her name....) in the not too distant future. Especially since I've now pretty much given up any chance of going back to uni next year. Even if nothing happens with Joe, we can still have a good time. I can't imagine that after talking for 7 years, that we wouldn't be able to at least be friends and have a few adventures. However, as mum suggested, I can always volunteer at an orphanage in South Africa or something like that if the trip to the States falls through for whatever reason.
Of course, the possibility that things with Joe could be really good also poses a lot of problems or questions too.. We won't go there right now.. Let's wait and see what happens first.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home