Thursday, October 27, 2005

A very unproductive day..

As the title suggests, today (so far) has been incredibly unproductive. I got up.. Went to tutoring.. Then I had a lunch thing at Massey. By the time I finally got 'home' it was after 2pm. So I sat out in the sun studying for a bit but it was too hot and gave me a headache.. I can't study with a headache, and thought a shower might fix it (it did) but it also made me rather tired. In the end I've managed to get through a whole 1.5 lectures on molecular immunology. Normally, that might concern me a little.. But having already done an entire semester on the details of immunology (last semester) the 4 lectures on it in Advanced Biochem aren't overly challenging.
Caroline is going to give me a reference - written on Massey letterhead etc. She said they've been really happy with the way I've been tutoring Philip, which is rather surprising since I always feel as though I'm bumbling my way through the stuff. Afterall, I didn't even do the last year of high school myself, and the last time I did any real biology was in the first semester of first year. I can't even remember what I did last semester, let alone what I did two and a half years ago. But Caroline seems to think I have some skill at teaching so.. If all goes pear-shaped I could always do some course in teaching at UCOL or somewhere like that and teach science. Ahhh.. No. I think she likes me because Charlie likes me - Charlie's the cat. Apparently the only time he ever jumps up on the table (purring like mad), is when I'm there.
Now if only I could organise that darn job for the summer. It's hard from the other side of the country. At least if I come back down here for postgrad I'd pretty much have a job lined up - Phil was hoping I'd be back next year to do more note-taking.
Joe's still too busy to talk I guess.. Nevermind. I'm starting to wonder if we really have anything to talk about anyway - how on Earth are we going to fill 2 months when we're actually in the same place??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home